2016-2017 Music Room Membership:
Please note, membership sign ups will be handled directly by the individual student clubs, not by the P&S Club Office.
To sign up for Music Room A (band, amplification, drums equipment), please contact Coffeehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all Music Rooms, once you complete the sign up process, you will receive a membership sticker that will allow you to borrow the key from the 60 Haven Security Desk.
Benson Music Room/Room A in Bard Hall (band, amplification, drums equipment): email@example.com
Wu Music Room/Room B & Music Room C in Bard Hall (piano, vocals, classical instruments): firstname.lastname@example.org
Wu Music Room in the Vagelos Education Center (VEC) for Rachmaninoff Piano: email@example.com
If you would like to see the rooms or get more information about the space, you must contact one of the organizations above.
1. Membership fees pay for piano tunings, repairs/replacements, and purchase of musicial equipment (depending on the needs of the space).
2. All memberships run from date of sign up until the end of the following August. There will be pro-rated fees posted for the rest of the academic year.
3. Coffeehouse's Room A is located within Bard Hall Lounge closer to the windows (Benson Music Room) and Musicians' Guild Room B is located within the Bard Hall Lounge closer to the main doors (Wu Music Room). Room C is located in the hallway across from the Men's Room and next to the Center for Student Wellness Offices. The Wu Music Room in the Vagelos Education Center (VEC) is located on the 2nd Floor outside VEC 201.
4. When there are events scheduled in the Bard Hall Lounge, you will not be able to use Music Rooms A & B. Please check the posted signs outside the lounge for the events schedule for the week. We cannot guarantee the availability of the music rooms at all times.
5. Please remember the Bard Hall music rooms are located in a residence hall where students sleep and study. The rooms are not soundproof, so please be considerate regarding late night hours and using the rooms during exam times.
Outside P&S Club Rental of Music Rooms/Piano/Equipment/Instruments
If you are a student group or department outside of P&S, there is a fee for the use of the music rooms as well as for the rental of the piano or other instruments/equipment for events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for use of the pianos/Music Room B/C/VEC, and email@example.com for use of the drums, amp equipment and Music Room A. Depending on the needs for the event, a rate will be determined, which often includes meeting with one of the student leaders to make sure you know how to use or move the equipment properly. The fees are for the time of the leaders and for equipment maintance, which go back to the Music Room maintenance and equipment management.